November 01, 2010

Delicious Hummus

Today is the first day of the cleans. I am so excited that it is finally here. So far I have eaten breakfast, which consisted of a green smoothie. I added 5 tablespoons of hemp seeds to make sure I get enough amino acids, fatty acids, omega 3 and everything else that hemp seeds are good for. I am looking forward to lunch. Yesterday I made some delicious hummus for todays lunch, and for snacks throughout the week. Check out the recipe and try it yourself. You can make it more or less spicy by adding more or less cayenne pepper. 



Delicious Hummus

2 cloves garlic
1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
Cayenne pepper to taste

Add all ingredients into the food processor. Blend until creamy and smooth. Chill for at least 1 hour. 


Enjoy with some Mary's crackers, vegetables or on a wrap.

Thanks for reading!




1 comment:

  1. mmm...i love hummus! I made some banana chips yesterday for my snack this week!

    ReplyDelete