November 02, 2010

Day 2: Dry Skin Brushing

Day 2 of the detox is going great. I started taking the Cleanse Smart and haven't noticed very much of a difference. Bowel movements (BM) have been after every meal. I started the Cleanse Smart at half a dose, I was not sure how intense it would be, and since I was at work most of the day, I wanted to start slow. I will continue the half dose until Friday, and then I will start taking the entire dose. I followed the food plan and only noticed that I was very hungry at about 3:30pm. I had some fruit to help me hold off until dinner.

I am headed for the shower as soon as I am done this update, I will do a quick dry skin brushing that will help me to clear away dead skin cells and the toxins that go along with it. Since the skin is the largest elimination organ, we need to spend time each day cleansing it properly. Check out the helpful video at Joyous Health and you will be dry brushing with ease in no time. It has been suggested that dry brushing take place every day of the detox, as our bodies are working hard to excrete all of the toxins from our body. Help out your body by dry brushing.



Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to pick one of these up! I find it very interesting how this relates to detox. Makes sense. :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder:) my aunt has amazing healthy glowing skin and in Europe,dry brushing is part of a person's grooming routine, it's especially good in winter when our skin is mostly covered up.
    *TIP Follow it with a nice warm bath of 1/2cup epsom salts,good for detox and provides minerals too.
    Jude

    ReplyDelete