November 10, 2010

Day 10: Fruits and Vegetables

Hey everyone, it is day 10 of the cleanse, and I am almost halfway there. Up to this point the cleanse has been quite simple. However, yesterday and today have been my fruit and vegetable days and they have proven to be much more trying on my will power. I knew it would be more difficult, but my cravings for something crunchy are getting stronger. With that being said, I know I can do this! So I have been making fruit and vegetable creations that are delicious and satisfying to my cravings.

In order to keep myself away from grains, nuts, seeds and other foods that I am craving, I have made delicious frozen fruit pops, yummy smoothies, and savoury dinners. I think the most difficult part of my day is in the morning and after dinner. The morning is usually a time when I eat cereal, whether it is millet, quinoa, kamut, oatmeal, etc. I love to add hemp seeds, bee pollen, goji berries, and wheat germ to make my cereal even more satisfying and nutritious. With a little bit of almond milk, it makes for a heavenly breakfast. Instead, I have made smoothies, which have been quite delicious, but it still feels like something is missing. Now, after dinner is usually my time to munch on something crunchy, so my solution to this was making frozen fruit pops.


These are so easy to make, and are absolutely delicious. Try this:

1 banana
1 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh)
enough water so that it will blend easily

Blend all ingredients and put in popsicle forms. Freeze for 5-6 hours. Then enjoy.

You can also add agave nectar to sweeten it up a little more. The possibilities are endless. I can't wait to try a chocolate popsicle, using my chocolate mix (1 tbs carob, 1tbs maca, 2 tbs cacao), banana, and some raw honey or agave. 

Thanks for reading, healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment