October 19, 2010

21 Day Detox

With the changing of the seasons, you may be feeling a little less vibrant than you did in the summer. Perhaps you have "caught" the bug that has been traveling around, or maybe your energy levels have dropped, and your food choices have been poor. As healthy as I like to think I am, I have been feeling this way and need to get back on track. For this reason, I have decided to do a cleans.

On November 1st, myself, along with my brother, will be starting a 21 day cleans. That leaves me 12 days to prepare. I will be posting information about what I will be doing/eating during these days, and recipes that I will use. I will also post how I am feeling throughout the cleans. There have been multiple people who have mentioned that they are interested in doing a cleans, and I think that this is a great time to gather information and see if it is right for you. I currently have information from my bother who recently visited a Naturopath. I will be visiting him soon to make sure that it is ok for me to follow the same regimen. At this point, I am not sure how much information I can give out about the specific 3-week detox plan. Check out Dr. Mauro's website and see for yourself what this plan entails. I hope to be able to share it with those of you who are interested in doing the cleans as well.

I have been wanting to do a cleans for a while now, and I cannot wait to start and share the experience with anyone who is interested.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I would be interested in doing a cleanse too. Will you be giving us a list of what to get early? Will it be mostly a cleanse done with food or with pills?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be posting more information soon, but it does not involve any pills. It is all food based. It starts by slowly cutting out certain foods, peaking at a one day water fast, and then slowly re-introducing foods back into the diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been feeling this way too lately... Although, I didnt go the route you and Brad (I assume) are going. Simply put, I knew I ahd to make the choice to eat healthier.

    Also, I noted that I've been on my feet a lot lately.

    I believe that our feet are grossly over looked. For example, if you heat your feet, you warm your body, you can turn down the temp of the rrom as long as your feet stay warm.

    Now, I've started a new job requiring me to be on my feet for the betetr part of 8 hrs/night. My feet felt tired and sore at the end of the shift and I too felt tired and worn. Last night I really thought about how to change that feeling. Simple fix, Gel insoles in the boots and all the sudden its the end of the shift and I have a mroe energy than Ive had at the end of a shift sicne I started.

    Food plays an Important role for sure but there are alos physical stressors we put on our body that also must be reviewed to help with oru day to day lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, I totally agree, those physical stressors are a lot of the cause. Thank you for that great input! Have you ever tried meditation?

    ReplyDelete