September 27, 2010

My Goal

I was constantly looking for natural remedies for health ailments, whether it be for myself, friends, or family. The idea of taking prescription drugs compiled of chemicals and synthetic materials never sat well with me. My parents always told me to listen to my gut instinct telling me to do what was right, and I am glad that my instincts have been so strong.  But the more I studied and researched, the more I realized that if you give yourself natural whole foods full of protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals, your body will have everything it needs to heal itself. Our body, mind, and spirit are all connected and without a diet full of rich whole foods, our mind becomes foggy, our spirits get lost, and our bodies ache.

My passion for holistic health has lead me to a Nutritional Consultant course through the Edison Institute of Nutrition. I have already learned so much, and am so excited to learn much more. I have decided to start a blog that will allow me to share information that I am learning with all of you. With the help of family and friends, I will post delicious recipes that will help you to incorporate healthy whole foods into your busy lives.

Thank you for reading!

7 comments:

  1. welcome to the addiction that is blogging, Sarah. The blog looks great, and I'm looking forward to keeping up track of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! I agree with the Toonitator ;) blogging can become addictive but I am looking forward to your recipes, and trying them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue has been making us smoothies all week. I've already noticed I have more energy and I haven't been tired mid afternoon, which has been a problem in the past. We tweaked the chocolate recipe with a little more cacao and didn't bother with the ice cubes instead used frozen strawberries. Thanks Sarah...Can't wait to try the bars! (mom says "Hi!")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, experiment with the recipes! Everyone has a taste for what they love. Thanks for all of the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,

    I jsut finished a bar recipe...lemme know what you think.
    Unfortunately, I dont have amounts for ingredients.

    Honey,Oats,Carob,Cacao chips,Dried Blueberry, Dried Cranberry, Goji berries, Bee Pollen, Hemp seed.

    I used a double boiler to help thin the honey. The bars are holding shape and they taste great!

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike, that sounds great! I will have to try it out. I will be posting a few bar recipes myself when I have figured out the perfect ratios. That actually sounds similar to the ones I have created! :)

    If you figure out the ingredient amounts, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We made the "Non Pasta Lasagne" at our friend's retreat on the weekend!!! Everyone loved it, couldn't believe it was made from eggplant, no meat, no pasta!!! A "feel good" kinda dish for those cool autumn nights, thanks Sarah.

    ReplyDelete